Account Executive – Mid Market & Emerging Brands
Cargo is looking to expand its Brand Partnerships Sales team to help support 10x growth in 2018. As an Account Executive, you'll own the entire process of building the brand pipeline, from pitching Cargo to new brand partners to securing contracts and hitting quarterly targets. In addition, you’ll sell Cargo’s in-car rideshare sampling and digital engagement platform to brand marketers and their agency partners. Most importantly, you’ll help craft the in-car experience for hundreds of thousands of passengers in rideshare vehicles like Uber and Lyft.
- Build Brand Pipeline: Conduct research in food, beauty and other categories, as well as build out company and decision-maker target lists. Research and develop a deep understanding of each company or brand's objectives and priorities. Align pipeline to Cargo’s merchandising and consumer engagement plans.
- Think Consumer + Get Creative: Develop creative execution pitch ideas that will delight rideshare passengers and meet each brand's objectives; these can range from connecting digital, shopper marketing, PR, sweeps, or special events activations. Work closely with internal teams to align resources for creative, out-of-the-box campaign ideas.
- Drive Cargo’s Growth: Pitch Cargo's platform and creative opportunities to secure new contracts with brand partners. Seek out opportunities to add value to brand partners and generate revenue for Cargo. Responsible for hitting quarterly volume and revenue targets. Work closely with the Account Management team to present new ideas and negotiate contract renewals with existing partners.
- 3+ years CPG/Beauty category sales experience selling to agencies or brand teams (or related brand management experience)
- Demonstrated ability to consistently close sales and generate revenues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong communication, creative thinking, and negotiation skills